EasyPost - International Shipments
In this article we'll discuss details regarding processing international shipments.
This article should be used along with the primary EasyPost reference article.
1. Ship to Address info
1.1. Foreign addresses
When shipping to a foreign country, if you don't know the state or province to use, enter the 2-digit country code in place of the state. When Easypost verifies the address, the appropriate code should be returned.
Example: In the example below, I entered FR as the state when shipping to Paris, France. Easypost returned the code IDF (Île-de-France).
1.2. US addresses in foreign countries
When shipping to an overseas US Military or Diplomatic address, adhere to the following:
- City, enter one of the following codes:
- APO (Army Post Office)
- FPO (Fleet Post Office)
- DPO (Diplomatic Post Office)
- State, enter one of the following codes:
- AA (Americas, except Canada)
- AE (Africa, Canada, Europe or Middle East)
- AP (Pacific)
- Country: US
2. Customs Declarations (required)
For any shipment destined for a non-US address, EasyPost requires the Customs Declarations page to be complete. This includes foreign countries as well as US addresses overseas (i.e. APO/FPO/DPO addresses).
You must do this prior to selecting Get Rates or Get Rates & Ship Package.
If you don't enter the customs info, you won't be allowed to proceed with the shipment and you will see a message in red stating:
All 'Shipped Items' columns on Customs Declarations are required.
- Contents Type: Non-editable choice list of Merchandise (Default), Returned Goods, Gift, Sample and Other
- Restriction Type: Non-editable choice list of None (Default), Quarantine, Sanitary Phytosanitary Inspection, Other
- Exemption and Exclusion: Enter the appropriate EEI exemption code; the default may be changed via a custom script. The default "NOEEI 30.37(a)" is used in the vast majority of shipments valued under $2,500. The user can overwrite this default at any time.
- Non-Delivery Option: non-editable choice list of Return (default) or Abandon.
- Shipped Items: By default the Shipped Items list contains the line items from the related Sales Order being shipped. COO and and Harmonized Tarrif values are pulled from the Product master record. The shipped items area can be edited. All attributed of the line items can be changed, added or deleted at will
- Certified: If left unchecked, EasyPost will return a label/postage that requires a physical signature.