BigCommerce - Sales Orders
This feature requires additional licensing. Please contact AcctVantage Sales for a quote.
✅ Sales Orders must originate via the BigCommerce Store in order to appear in both BigCommerce and AcctVantage.
✅ For new BigCommerce orders, there is one-way communication (order import): BigCommerce ➡️ AcctVantage.
✅ For orders already imported from BigCommerce communication can be set to go in either direction (with one exception. See here for more details.
✅ Additional fields can be imported to AcctVantage via custom script. Contact AV Support to request additional fields.
❌ Sales Orders that originate in AcctVantage do not get exported to the BigCommerce store.
❌ Changes made to order details via BigCommerce will not be reflected in AcctVantage if the order has already been imported ... UNLESS the status is reset to the BigCommerce New Order Status.
❌ There may be BigCommerce functions that are not yet implemented in AcctVantage. Contact AV Support for specific use cases.
1. Importing New Sales Orders from BigCommerce into AcctVantage
When an Order is created in BigCommerce, the Order will be pulled into AcctVantage per the rules below. The system will also check to see if the customer and/or contact exists. If it does not yet exist in AcctVantage, the customer/contact will also be imported. See here for the rules regarding Client & Contact matching.
- The Order will be imported when the Order Status matches the BigCommerce New Order Status.
- See #3 under Integration Options - Order Status.
- After an Order is initially imported, the Order Status on BigCommerce will be changed to the BigCommerce Downloaded Order Status.
- See #4 under Integration Options - Order Status.
- If the Order can not be imported in AcctVantage for some reason, the Order Status on BigCommerce will be changed to the BigCommerce Import Error Status.
- We recommend setting this to Manual Verification Required.
- See #5 under Integration Options - Order Status.
- The Import IDwill be filled in on the Sales Order in AcctVantage.
- This Import ID is a concatenation of the Import Source Code + BigCommerce Order ID.
- See screenshot below.
When a Sales Order is imported the XML Import ID field will be set. Open the Sales Order, go to the Notes tab and you can see this in the lower right-hand corner.
You can Power Search for BigCommerce orders by performing a "begins with" search on the Sales Document Import ID field using the Import Source Code that you established in System Setup. Example below:
2. Updating Existing Sales Orders
- Shipment and Tracking info will automatically be updated on BigCommerce when a Shipment is processed in AcctVantage.
- Order status updates on BigCommerce will take place according to the Order Status Mapping settings (see below).
Order Status updates
Note: Only one of the following two order status options can be selected.
- Push AV Order Status updates to BigCommerce: If checked, the Order Status Mapping rules will be used to update orders on BigCommerce when the status changes in AV (from left to right in the Order Status Mapping table below).
Get BigCommerce Order Statuses and update AV: If checked, the Order Status Mapping rules* will be used to update orders in AcctVantage when the status changes in BC (from right to left in the Order Status Mapping table below).
- *Exception: Posting transactions must always occur in AV. Orders in AV will NOT be posted when the BigCommerce Order status is changed to Completed.
Order Status Mapping: For each AV Order Status, you can set a corresponding BigCommerce Status (or vice-versa). When an Order is saved, the system will appropriately update the Order Status based on the option selected above.
3. Integration Options
This section is established in the BigCommerce Integration Setup article. It's repeated here because some of these settings are important to understand for the purpose of syncing Sales Orders between AcctVantage and BigCommerce.
3.1. Order Status
- Import Source Code: This is a 3-character code that you define. This code is used to tag transactions coming in from BC as belonging to this configuration.
Check for new orders interval: Establishes the frequency that AcctVantage checks for new orders on your web store.
- For most users, 1-5 minutes is a good balance.
- The more often you check for orders, the more resources your server must dedicate to this process.
- Note that changes here take effect after the next iteration of the current cycle. In other words, if you change from 60-minute checks to 1 minute, you’ll wait up to an hour before the 1-minute cycles begin. Restarting the AcctVantage Server app will implement changes immediately.
BigCommerce New Order Status:This is the status in BigCommerce that will indicate when you wish for AcctVantage to import new orders. Understanding your workflow within BigCommerce is critical to set this step properly.
Allow Client match by Email:When this setting is enabled, AV will attempt to match incoming Clients by email address.
- This matching method is secondary and is only relevant for orders placed by new customers and guest accounts.
- The primary matching method is based on the BigCommerce Customer ID (known as Import ID in AcctVantage).
- Allow Client match by Email:When this setting is enabled, AV will attempt to match incoming Clients by email address.
- BigCommerce Downloaded Order Status: This is the status that BigCommerce will display to indicate that the Order has been sent to AV but has not yet been processed. The Order Status in BigCommerce will automatically change after AcctVantage picks up the Order.
BigCommerce Import Error Status:If the import to AcctVantage fails, the BigCommerce Order record is set to this status.
- It is critical to understand that you must monitor this status to address errors and reset the Order to the BigCommerce New Order Status to trigger another attempt for import to AV.
Order Status Updates: Only one of the following order status options can be checked ...
- Push AV Order Status updates to BigCommerce: If checked, the Order Status Mapping rules will be used to update orders on BigCommerce when the status changes in AV.
Get BigCommerce Order Statuses and update AV: If checked, the Order Status Mapping rules* will be used to update orders in AcctVantage when the status changes in BC.
- *Exception: Orders in AV will NOT be posted when the Order status is changed in BC.
Order Status Mapping:In this table, for each indicated AV Order Status you can define how BigCommerce is updated.
- Consideration for your own workflow, fulfillment and automated client communication (from BC) should be taken into account.
- If Push AV Order Status updates is enabled, then the mapping goes from the left column to the right column.
- If Get BigCommerce Order Statuses is enabled, then the mapping goes from the right column to the left column (except for Posted/Completed.)
- Default Discount GL Code: Required if you're importing coupon codes from BigCommerce. The discount will be charged to this GL account.
Tax Area:In this field you indicate an AcctVantage Tax Area that is mapped to your Sales Tax liability account.
- Generally, it is expected that BigCommerce will have calculated Sales Tax before sending a Sales Order to AcctVantage. AcctVantage will not overwrite the web store’s calculated Sales Tax.
- If you use AvaTax with AcctVantage, it is highly recommended that you also link your AvaTax account to BigCommerce.
- Use unique Tax Areas for the AvaTax and BigCommerce Integrations. This will help you identify where tax was calculated -- even if AvaTax is calculating tax in both places, using separate Tax Areas will ensure that there are no tax conflicts.
Payment Methods Mapping: In this table, you map the types of customer payments that are accepted via your BigCommerce store to corresponding Receipt Types in AcctVantage.
- You can map more than one BC payment method to a single AV Receipt Type.
- You will also see a Purchase Order item in the AV Receipt Type list -- this is used for Clients on an open A/R account.
Credit Card Transactions are Pre-Authorizations: This is used to tell AcctVantage whether Receipts imported from BigCommerce are pre-authorized.
- Check this box if the BigCommerce account is set to "Authorize Only" -- only pre-authorized Receipts will be captured in AcctVantage if the transaction originated on BigCommerce.
- Uncheck this box if the BigCommerce account is set to "Authorize & Capture" -- AcctVantage will import the Receipt exactly as it was captured by BigCommerce.
- Other notes:
- Currently, AcctVantage only supports using the same setting for both gateways -- Authorize.net and Paypal .
- Currently, AcctVantage can only capture PayPal transactions that have been pre-authorized via BigCommerce.
Warehouse: Select an AcctVantage Warehouse to push inventory levels to BC. This warehouse is also used as the fulfillment warehouse for orders imported into AcctVantage.
- Sync Inventory Levels: This checkbox indicates if you want AcctVantage to push Qty Available (from the selected Warehouse) to BigCommerce. See more on Inventory synchronization HERE.
- Default Ship Via: If a shipping method is not indicated on the incoming sales order, AcctVantage will assign this default.
Auto-Create Missing Shipping Methods: Enable this setting to create a new Ship Via record if the shipping method used in BC is missing in AV.
- Default Shipment Product Class: Ship Via records will be assigned this Product Class if the above Auto-Create setting is enabled.