Ship from a Different Warehouse or Multiple Warehouses
There are a few things to note with regards to determining the Warehouse that Inventory will be drawn from on a Sales Order.
- When a new Sales Order is created (before any data is entered) the Warehouse field on the Order will be populated with the Default Warehouse listed on the Personal Info tab on the User record who created the Order.
- After a Client is entered on the Sales Order the Warehouse field will change to be populated with the Default Warehouse listed on the Account Information tab of the Client record.
- If you want to change the overall Warehouse that this Order will ship from, you must do it prior to saving the Order. Once the Order is saved, the Warehouse is locked.
- If you want to draw each line item on an Order from a different Warehouse, you need to enable the Warehouse column in System Configuration.
1. Default Warehouse on the User record.
- Navigate to Administration ➤ User Access Levels and open the User record.
- The Default Warehouse entered here will be the Warehouse that new Sales Orders are populated with by default for this User only (see next screenshot.)
Prior to entering a Client on the Sales Order, the Warehouse will be populated with the Default Warehouse listed on the Personal Info tab on the User record who created the Order.
2. Default Warehouse on the Client record
- Navigate to Sales ➤ Clients, open the Client record and select the Account Information tab.
- The Default Warehouse entered here will be the Warehouse that the Sales Order will be populated with after entering the Client on the Order.
After entering a Client on the Sales Order, the Warehouse will be populated with the Default Warehouse listed on the Account Information tab on the Client record.
3. Change the Warehouse on individual line items of Sales Orders
To enable this feature, you must activate the Warehouse column in the order entry line items area.
Navigate to Administration ➤ System Configuration, select the Line Items tab and click Edit Detail Column Configuration... for Sales Document Detail/Line Items.
With the Warehouse column enabled you can enter different Warehouses for each line item.
- This method could be useful if you have each line item on the Order in stock in only one Warehouse. Instead of doing an actual Warehouse Transfer which would take extra time, you can ship each part from the Warehouse that has current Inventory on hand.
- By default the Warehouse column will populate with whichever Default Warehouse is relevant (either the User-level or Client-level Default Warehouse as noted earlier in this article).