Fill a Sales Order (or Back Order) when Receiving a Purchase Order item
In order for this feature to work, there are a couple conditions that need to be met:
- You must have either an open Sales Order with a backordered quantity (Sales Order is not posted) or an unfilled Back Order (Sales Order has been posted).
- You must have created a Purchase Order from the Sales Order via the Action Menu.
Taking the above into account, here is the process to fill the backordered items after receiving the items on a Purchase Order.
Note: This process applies only to INVENTORY style products; Non-Inventory backorders/sales orders must be filled/shipped manually.
1. The Sales Order with a Backordered quantity.
The first condition that needs to be met is to have either a Sales Order with a backordered quantity or an unfilled Back Order.
Here we have a Sales Order with a backordered quantity.
2. Create Purchase Order
The second condition that needs to be met is to create a Purchase Order that is related to the original Sales Order. This is done via the Action Menu as seen below.
3. Receive the items on the Purchase Order
You will receive the items on the related PO as usual. Click OK to save.
4. Fill Open Sales or Back Order
After you receive the backordered items on a related PO and click OK to save, you will be prompted:
Do you want to fill related open Sales Orders and/or Back Orders?
Select Yes to fill the backordered items.