Sales Orders & Alternate Units of Measure
AcctVantage ERP supports selling Products to your Clients using any available Unit of Measure. This means you can stock an item by the each while selling by the case, or buy a foot and sell a meter.
In order to sell an item using Alternate Units of Measure, you must first define and then associate these Alternate UM's with the Product you are selling. Please refer to the lesson on How to Setup Alternate Units of Measure.
If you are purchasing Products using Alternate UM's, please refer to the lesson on Purchase Orders & Alternate Units of Measure.
Enable UM columns to display on the Sales Document Detail.
1. Navigate to Administration -> System Configuration
2. Click the Line Items tab
3. Click the Edit Detail Column Configuration button under Sales Document Detail/Line Items which will open the Invoice Detail Column Editor (see below.)
Invoice Detail Column Editor
Sales Order Entry
When entering a quantity to sell on the Sales Order, the default UM (Unit of Measure) will match the Product record's default. Type the "@" symbol into the UM column and a list will be displayed for you to select from any of the availble UM's for that Product (see next screenshot.) Alternatively, you can type the Name of the UM in this field instead of selecting from the list.
- Order - This is the quantity of UM's that are being ordered. On the first line item below, 10 cases (i.e. 120 base units) are being ordered.
- Ship - This is the quantity of UM's that are being shipped.On the first line item below, 10 cases (i.e. 120 base units) are being shipped.
- Invoice - This is the quantity of UM's that are being invoiced. On the first line item below, 10 cases (i.e. 120 base units) are being invoiced.
- UM - The Unit of Measure being sold on this Sales Order.
- UM Multiplier - This is a non-enterable field referencing how many of the "base units" are included in each UM being sold. In this scenario, each Case we sell includes 12 of our base units or 12 "each."