Inventory & Marketing tab
This is an overview of the window.
1. Inventory Setup
Cost Adjustment: The GL Account Code to which AV records changes (if necessary) in Inventory Valuation during the Voucher process (i.e. entering of the Vendor invoice).
- If Inventory was Invoiced by the Vendor at a cost different from what was entered on the Purchase Order, this GL Account is used to record the difference.
- This GL Account is only used if the Inventory Lot in question has already been relieved (fully or partially) from Inventory.
- If the Inventory Lot is still fully in stock at the time the Vendor’s Invoice is Vouchered, then the appropriate Inventory Asset Account will be adjusted to reflect the true cost of the items.
- Scrap Default: The GL Account Code that records the value of Inventory that has been scrapped. It is the default account for recording a draw via an Inventory Maintenance Transaction.
- Warehouse Transfer Freight: The GL Account Code that records costs when a Freight Amount is entered on a Warehouse Transfer.
- Accrued Inventory Payable: The GL Account Code that records the value of Inventory that has been received but the Vendor Invoice has not yet been Vouchered. Once the Vendor Invoice has been Vouchered, the Accrued Inventory Payable account is debited and Accounts Payable is credited.
- External Inventory Adjustment: The GL Account Code that is used to offset imported Physical Inventory Adjustments.
- New Lot Prefix: This is the prefix for new Inventory Lots other than those received via Purchase Order.
- PO Lot Prefix: This is the prefix for all new Inventory Lots that have been received via Purchase Order.
- Costing Method: Displays the method for Inventory Valuation that was chosen during Implementation. It is either Moving Average or FIFO. This is not modifiable after the method is initially selected.
- Work Order Setup (New for AV 2018.0.3.7): The GL Account that is debited when the Work Order is posted. This is intended to be a flat rate fee per Work Order. You can enter a Default Setup Cost on the Product BOM tab.
- Work Order Pass Through: The GL Account that is credited (for the Recipe Components) and debited (for the Finished Goods) when an Assembly is built via a Work Order.
- Exploded WO Balancing: The GL Account that is debited (for the Recipe Components) and credited (for the Finished Goods) when an Assembly Product's Work Order is exploded.
2. Exclude from Available
The Exclude from Available area determines how your "Qty Available" for inventory is calculated. Beginning with the Real Time Qty On Hand, each of the selected (checkbox checked) Qty Reserves is subtracted to calculate the Qty Available.
In this manner you will never have a negative "Real Time On Hand" value, but may have a negative Qty Available as your demand may exceed current on-hand quantities.
- Reserved Sales: Units reserved for Sales Orders are excluded from Available Inventory.
- Reserved Warehouse Transfer: Units reserved for Warehouse Transfers are excluded from Available Inventory.
- Reserved Data Entry: Units reserved for Data Entry are excluded from Available Inventory.
- Reserved Backorder: Units reserved for Backorders are excluded from Available Inventory.
- Reserved Work Order: Units reserved for Work Orders are excluded from Available Inventory.
- Reserved Locked: Units that are Locked are excluded from Available Inventory
3. Warehouse Transfers
Auto Pick Quantity: Automatically enters the quantity to be transferred when the requested quantity is entered.
4. Lot Locking
Enable Automatic Lot Locking: When a Lot is drawn to less than 1 unit available, the Lot will automatically be Locked (and deducted from Qty Available.)
5. Decimal Precision
As of AV 2019, Cost and Sell can be set to 5 decimal places. Inventory Quantity can be set up to 10 decimal places.
- Cost: The number of digits that will display to the right of the decimal point on all expense items.
- Sell: The number of digits that will display to the right of the decimal point on all sales items.
- Quantity: The number of digits that will display to the right of the decimal point on all quantity items.