Explode a Work Order (single warehouse)
If you've built an Assembly via the Work Order Process and you would like to disassemble the Assembly in order to return the component parts back to stock, you can use the Explode a Work Order feature (new as of AV 2012.0.3.5.)
Note: This article assumes that you already have created and posted a Work Order.
1. Set up the Exploded Work Order Balancing Account
- Navigate to Administration ➤ System Setup and select Inventory & Marketing from the drop-down list.
- Enter a GL Account in the Explode WO Balancing field.
- Note: In most cases the Exploded WO Balancing Account will be the same as the Work Order Pass Through Account. Check with your accountant to be sure this is the case for you.
- This GL Account should theoretically carry no balance it will be both debited and credited when a Work Order Assembly is exploded.
Click OK to save.
2. Explode the Work Order
- Go to the Inventory ➤ Work Order window.
- Highlight a Posted Work Order that you want to explode.
- Go to the Action Menu and select Explode Work Order.
2.1. How many units to explode?
3. The exploded Work Order.
The Exploded Work Order should look similar to this one. Note the negative Quantity and Totals as well as the Memo that references the original Work Order.