Product Inventory Tab
- Qty Posted = This number reflects the number of units posted to the GL
- Qty In Non-Posted = PO Receipts, Inventory Maintenance, Work Orders...any source of incoming inventory where the Quantity is physically "on the shelf", but the related transaction has not yet posted.
- Qty Out Non-Posted = Sales, Inventory Maintenance, Work Orders...any source of incoming inventory where the physical units have been pulled "off the shelf", but the related transaction has not yet posted.
- Qty Real-Time On Hand = The net of 1,2 and 3. What is physically "on the shelf" and able to be counted.
Qty Available is dependent on your set up in the Administration > System Setup screen, Inventory & Marketing tab! On that screen, you decide which Qty Reserve values are to be included in calculating the Qty Available.
- Qty Reserves = On Hand inventory that has been allocated or "spoken for" to fill pending, non-posted transactions. Depends on your system setup! Each value can be toggled to be included/excluded from the calculation.
- Qty Available = The net of Qty Real-Time On Hand less Qty Reserves
- Unit of Measure = Inventory quantities are always kept track of using the Product's default, or base, unit of measure. If alternate Units of Measure are available for a Product, you can view the current inventory in the unit by selecting from the pull down menu. Note, AcctVantage does not keep track of the configuration of your inventory, just the total values. If you have 10 units on-hand, AcctVantage does not know if those 10 units are in a single Case or on the shelf as 10 eaches.
In terms of Qty availability, AcctVantage is a real time system. Units become immediately available or immediately drawn based on related transaction status without regard to posting.
In terms of General Ledger impact....the only time an inventory transaction is reflected on the GL is at posting. Therefore, to "tie out" your physical inventory with the General Ledger, you should look only at the "Qty Posted" and "Value Posted" lines.