Reset the Permissions for the AV Server App. (Mac OS)
1. Open a new Finder Window and navigate to the Applications folder.
Right-click (or control-click) on the AcctVantage ERP Server folder.
3. Here is the AcctVantage ERP Server Info window
4. Change the Permissions to 'Read & Write' for all.
- Set the Permissions to Read & Write for all users.
- This is mandatory in order for AcctVantage to function like it's supposed to. It does not open up any security holes relating to any permissions settings within AcctVantage.
- If the lock icon is closed you may need to enter your system password to unlock it (NOT your AcctVantage password).
- Even if all of the items already were set to Read & Write, there are still items within the application that need to be reset. This step must be performed.
- This is mandatory in order for AcctVantage to function like it's supposed to.
Note: If your AcctVantage Server is running Mac OS 10.9.x (i.e. Mavericks) you will need to check the box for "Prevent App Nap" in this window also. The App Nap feature is known to cause connectivity issues between the AV Server and Client.