Shipping Software Field Map
This article lists the AcctVantage field names with corresponding shipping software values and a definition for each field.
- See the Shipping Integration article for more info on 3rd party shipping software.
- See the Shipping exchange article for exact steps to integrate communication between AcctVantage and the external shipping software. This article also has examples of each of the files mentioned below.
There are three files typically exchanged in the normal shipment process:
- The first exchange is a [REQUEST] file sent from the shipping software to AcctVantage.
- The second exchange is an [ORDHD] file sent from AcctVantage back to the shipping software.
- The third exchange is a [SHIPMENT] file sent from the shipping software back to AcctVantage.
Rows in bold below indicated fields normally sent or received by AcctVantage. Non-bolded fields indicate options which may be available in your shipping product, but would require custom scripting to utilize in AcctVantage. Please contact Tech Support for assistance in this area.
The [REQUEST] file is the first exchange, sent from the shipping software into AcctVantage.
The [ORDHD] file is the second exchange, sent from AcctVantage to the shipping software. It may optionally (via custom scripting) contain a subsection with line item details which is prefaced by [ITMxxx].
Most shipping software can accept the order information fields listed below, however this requires custom scripting from AV.
StarShip can accept the item information as listed below, however this requires custom scripting from AV. This [ITMxxx] detail would appear in the ORDHD file after the ORDHD fields.
The [SHIPMENT] file is the third exchange, sent from the shipping software into AcctVantage. It includes the subsection [PKGxxx] which transmits data about individual packages making up the order shipment.