The Utilities window contains troubleshooting aids that you can use while working with Technical Support issues.
- Misinformed use of these Utilities could have undesirable results, so it is recommended that you use them only with assistance from AcctVantage Technical Support.
- For most of these Utilities, it is important to ensure that there are no Users on the system.
2. The Utilities window
There are 5 sections to the Utilities window:
- Subsidiary Summary Records
- Choice Lists
- Index Utilities
These Utilities in each of these sections are described in detail below.
2.1. Subsidiary Summary Records
- GL Summary Recalc: Recalculates all GL Summary Data.
- Accounts Payable: Checks Accounts Payable Sub Account records for duplicates and other issues.
- Accounts Receivable: Checks Accounts Receivable and Deposit Sub Account records for duplicates and other issues.
- Subsidiary Check: Validates, Recalculates and checks Subsidiary Summary records for duplicates and other issues.
- Reset DE Reserve: This stands for Reset Data Entry Reserve. In AcctVantage it is possible to Reserve Inventory even in the data entry stages of a transaction (i.e. before the record has been saved). It will clear out all quantities that have been typed but not yet saved on a record. This applies to any record that quantities may be reserved for (i.e. Sales Orders, Work Orders, Warehouse Transfers, etc.)
- Serial Numbers: Verifies the Serial Number history file.
- Reset Qty Reserve: Resets the Qty Reserve detail records for the selected Qty Reserve types (Sales, Backorder, Work Order, Transfer, On PO, In Transit). This is similar to the Reset DE Reserve Utility except this functions for records that have already been saved.
- Calc Stats Now: Recalculates Inventory Statistics (Turns, Months On Hand, Average Monthly Usage).
- Work Order Fix: Repairs Work Orders than won't post. Requires the Work Order ID.
- Inventory Balances: This utility opens the Query Editor for search on the Product area. Its intent is to provide a way to recalculate the inventory balance of a desired product.
- Orphan Inven Trans: Searches for Orphan Inventory Transactions and reverses them.
- SubAccount Create: Creates Inventory Sub Accounts. If an Inventory Sub Account record has failed to be created for a newly added Product this Utility will make create it.
- Sales Summary Calc: Rebuilds Sales Summary Data for all Clients. This naturally occurs in AcctVantage's nightly updating processes. If you want to account for transactions that have happened since the last overnight process then you'll run this Utility.
- Client YTDs Update: Recalculates Year-To-Date Sales for all Clients.
- GL Balance Check: Checks and balances the General Ledger at the transaction level and summary level.
- Create AV Archive: Exports all AcctVantage Data into a text file. (Note: This is not meant for Backup purposes.)
- Rebuild Invoice: Repairs Sales Orders than won't post. Requires the Sales Order ID.
- Display System Info: Displays AcctVantage ERP System Information and statistics.
- AR/AP Balances: This function recalculates one or more of the following account balances: Accounts Receivable balances, Accounts Payable balances, and/or Invoice balances.
- Update Credit Hold: This will cause the nightly process of updating the Credit Hold status of all applicable Clients to occur immediately. This will not change the functioning of the nightly processing. You may want to do this if you change the Credit Hold Days Due or Threshold Amount in the System Setup. Otherwise, changes won’t go into effect until the next processing cycle.
- Clean Up Pictures: This Utility should be run if you change the System Configuration setting for the Storage Location of attached Pictures.
- Clean Up Attached Docs: This Utility should be run if you change the System Configuration setting for the Storage Location of attached Documents.
2.4. Choice Lists
- Export to Disk File: This function allows you to export your AcctVantage Choice Lists to a text file.
- Import from Disk File: This function allows you to import Choice Lists from a text file. It will overwrite the current data.
- Save To Data File: definition forthcoming
- Load From Data File: definition forthcoming
2.5. Index Utilities
- Check Indexes: Checks indexes without rebuilding them.
- Reindex One Table: If directed by AV Tech Support, you can use this function to re-index one table. This button will produce a dialog that lets you select a table to re-index all indexed fields in that table.
- Reindex All Tables: If directed by AV Tech Support, you can use this function to re-index all tables in the database.