Monthly Data Maintenance Procedure (single user)
***Our recommendation is that Data Maintenance should be performed on a monthly basis for optimal performance of your system.***
***DO NOT RUN ANY OF THE OTHER UTILITIES IN THE MAINTENANCE & SECURITY CENTER UNLESS EXPLICITLY DIRECTED TO DO SO BY ACCTVANTAGE SUPPORT.***
1. Shut down the Single User application.
The Single user app must be shut down prior to running the maintenance routine.
2. Open the Maintenance & Security Center
Double-click the Single User icon and immediately hold down the Option (Alt) key. You will see this dialog below.
Select Open the Maintenance and Security Center and then click Continue.
3. Run the Repair utility
- Select the Repair Tab on the left hand sidebar. Do not click any of the other utilities.
- Select Standard Repair (see next screenshot).
- Click the Repair button.
DO NOT click either the Verify or the Compact buttons! If you accidentally do this please STOP. Do not proceed. Please call AV Support.
4. The Data File Has Been Repaired.
- When the Repair process is complete you will see a message stating: The data file has been repaired. This means that the Data Maintenance process has finished.
- You can now close this window.
4.1. The application will now quit.
Click OK to quit on the message below.
You can now restart the Single User application. After you start AcctVantage, the database will be reindexed.