Modify the Contents of a Kit on a Sales Order
This article will show you how to swap out parts in a Kit's recipe after entering the Kit on a line item of a Sales Order.
This allows you to make a change to the Kit's Recipe for this Order only while keeping the original Bill of Materials intact.
1. Enter a Kit on a Sales Order line item
Let's say our Client wanted to change the items included in our Widget Kit. We are running low on Basic Widgets so instead of receiving the standard 2 Basic Widgets and 1 Deluxe Widget, they requested us to include 1 extra Deluxe Widget in place of the Basic Widgets.
- First we need to enter a Kit on a Sales Order line item.
- Next, highlight the line item and double-click it to display the Recipe for the Kit (see next screenshot.)
2. Delete an item from the Kit's Recipe
To delete an item from this Kit's Recipe (a change made only for this Order):
- Highlight the item to be removed.
- Click the "trash can" icon.
- You will be presented with a confirmation dialog box (see next screenshot).
3. Modify an item on the Kit's Recipe
To modify an item for this Kit's Recipe (a change made only for this Order):
- Highlight the item to be changed.
- Double-click the line item.
- You will be presented with the Modify a Kit Component window (see next screenshot.)
Note: If you need to add an item to the Recipe instead of deleting or changing an existing line item, click the blue + symbol.
4. The Kit has been modified
- As previously mentioned, the standard Recipe [on the Product record] for the Kit is not modified when making this type of change.
- Click OK to save the Order.