Set Up the Credit Card Gateway
If you are going to be processing credit card transactions from within AV you will need to set up the Credit Card Gateway first.
System Setup window (Credit Card Gateway)
- Navigate to Administration ➤ System Setup ➤ A/R & A/P
- Check the Enable box.
- Use the drop-down menu to select AuthorizeNet as the Gateway.
- Enter the Gateway ID (i.e. the Authorize.net ID) and Gateway Password.
- The Default Cash Account and Default Bank Charges Account are optional. They are used in the Credit Card Reconcile process.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the AcctVantage Server.
- Enable: Enables the ability to process credit card transactions from within AV.
- Require AVS (optional): Enables Address Verification on credit card approvals. Refer to your credit card merchant account information for more details on whether you should or should not require AVS.
- Test Mode: Check if you would like to process sample/test Receipts without actually capturing a charge. Test Mode can be toggled on/off at any time. (Note that the Receipt records are "live", it's just the CC authorization that is in test mode; it's best to use this in a copy of your AcctVantage data file.)