The actual connection to the database has been disrupted.
If you see this message, it sounds like the AcctVantage Server should be restarted, but that is not the case; the AV Server is still running. This is a network issue; the network connection has been dropped (even just momentarily) and this message appears.
Here is what 4D says about this error:
"...these errors appear when the network connection between 4D Server (i.e. AcctVantage Server) and 4D Remote (i.e. AcctVantage Client) has been dropped due to various reasons: someone unplugged the network cable, a router has closed the connection, the network equipment is saturated, hardware failure, etc. A reason this may have been caused by 4D could be that the Client - Server connection timeout in the database preferences is set to too low of a value."
2. Open the Database Settings on the AcctVantage Server.
On the AcctVantage Server application: Navigate to File ➤ Database Settings.
3. The Database Settings window.
- Select the Client-server tab on the Database Settings window.
- Move the slider for Client-Server Connections Timeout to a very high number. (We recommend setting this to Unlimited.)
- Click OK to save, then restart the AcctVantage Server and reconnect to it with the AV Client.