Email a Sales Quote/Order/Invoice/Credit Memo
New for AV 2020.1.0: There is now a new system-wide email form. This form was designed to more closely mirror the email form you're used to seeing in your favorite email client. We condensed multiple windows (email addresses and body text) into a single window ... and added the ability to attach more documents!
This article will detail how to email a Sales Document.
1. Select the Custom Form to send via email
- Go to Administration ➤ System Configuration.
- Select Sales Document from the drop-down list.
- Find the setting for Email Custom Form and double-click it to bring up a list of Custom Forms to choose from.
- Select the form you wish to use for emailing Sales Orders and then save the System Configuration window.
2. Email a Sales Document
- In the Sales Orders & Quotes window highlight the Sales Document(s) (e.g. quote, order, invoice, credit memo) that you want to send.
- Open the Action Menu and click Email Sales Document.
3. Enter the email info
After you choose Email Sales Document from the Action Menu, you will have the opportunity to fill out the email form.
The Body Text will be visible to all Clients who receive the emailed documents! Clicking OK here will email the statements as a PDF attachment.
3.1. Single Client
If you have selected one single Client to email, you will see this dialog where you can enter the To, CC and BCC email addresses. The To email address will auto-populate with the Client's default email address.
You can see the document is already attached as a PDF. Also, you can click on the + symbol to attach additional files.
3.2. Multiple Clients
If you have selected multiple Clients to email, then the dialog will look like this (below) and the documents will automatically be sent to each Clients' default email address.