Ship To / Bill To Addresses
When working with large companies, it is often necessary to keep several shipping or mailing addresses on file for each company. The Ship/Bill To area allows you to keep as many additional addresses as needed for your Clients and Vendors. You can choose from these additional addresses when creating a Sales Order or Purchase Order.
Also see these related articles:
1. Open the Ship/Bill To window
Navigate to Sales > Ship/Bill To.
Note: The Ship/Bill To window can also be accessed from the Purchasing Module.
2. The Ship/Bill To window
- Def: If the address is set as the Default, AcctVantage will automatically enter this address on all Invoices and Correspondence for this Client or Vendor.
- Company Name: The name of the Client or Vendor.
- Relation: This column pulls its status from the Relation field of the Client/Vendor record.
- Bill/Ship Name (optional): Company name to ship to. Use this if the name of the company at the address is different from the Client/Vendor Name.
- City, State, Zip: The location of the shipping destination.
- Telephone: The phone number used for shipping confirmation.
3. Ship/Bill To detail
Name and Address
- Linked to Company Name: The Client or Vendor name. This field is linked to the list of company names on the system.
- Company Name (Bill To/Ship To): Company name to Ship/Bill to.
- Address, City, State, Zip, Country: Address information about the Client or Vendor. Enter all information in the corresponding fields.
- Residential or Business Address: This info is used when processing shipping documents with 3rd Party Shipping Applications.
- Client or Vendor: Select the button that the new Ship/Bill To record applies to.
- Default Ship To: Select this box to make the address the default Shipping or Billing address for the company.
- Telephone Main: The company’s telephone number most helpful for resolving shipment questions.
- Fax: The company’s fax number.
- Email: The email address used by default when delivering documents via email.
- Ship Via Dflt: The shipping method you would normally use for this Client or Vendor. This field is linked to your Freight-type Products.
- Account ID: The shipping account regularly used by the Client or Vendor.
- Tax Area: The Tax Area for the Client or Vendor.
*NEW for 2015* ➤ Note: neither of these fields are required fields. Also, they can be overridden on the Sales Order screen if you don't want them to apply for any particular Order.
- Warehouse Dflt: This is the default Warehouse that you want to fulfill the Order from when shipping to this alternate Ship To address.
- Price Break Type Dflt: This is a default Price Break that would apply when shipping to this alternate Ship To address.