A Lead Source is a method for getting new Clients (e.g. an advertisement in a periodical publication, a trade show, telemarketing or a radio or TV commercial). In AcctVantage, the Lead Source area allows you to analyze how your marketing strategies are working. When entering new Prospects/Clients or Sales Orders, you can associate them with Lead Source you have defined. Then you can run a report on the Lead Source and quickly determine their effectiveness.
2. Create a new Lead Source record.
3. Enter the Lead Source data.
- Name: The name of the Lead Source.
- For example, you might want a Lead Source to track sales generated by an ad in Hittin' the Trail magazine. In this case, you would include something to that effect in the Lead Source Name.
- Campaign: Usually defined as an overall marketing effort for a project. For example, “Summer 2013” to note the advertising campaign for upcoming seasonal offerings.
- A Campaign can be linked to as many lead sources as you want, but a lead source cannot belong to more than one Campaign. Click here to access the pop-up list of existing Campaigns (or add to the list), then select one and click OK.
- Type: Lead types are used to group Lead Sources (e.g. Internet or Print Advertising). Click here to access the pop-up list of existing Lead Types (or add to the list), then select one and click OK.
- Start Date: The date that the Lead Source was first used, in MM/DD/YY format.
- Stop Date: The date that you stopped using the Lead Source, in MM/DD/YY format.
- View History: Click here to view a history of the Lead Source's usage. For Lead Sources in particular, you can view the following:
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Initial Sales
- Repeat Sales
- Leads Generated
- Sales Generated
- Inactive: Renders the Lead Source as inactive.
- Select this option if you do not plan to use this Lead Source any more.
- This allows you to exclude the Lead Source from your analyses and searches without having to delete it. To reactivate a Lead Source, simply uncheck the box.
- Cost Total: The total cost associated with the Lead Source.
- Memo: This free-form fields can contain any notes related to the Lead Source.