AcctVantage ERP Server Install Instructions (Mac OS)
These instructions are only relevant to install the incremental AcctVantage releases (i.e. updating from 2018.0.4.2 to 2018.0.4.4)
*If you are upgrading from AV 2017 (or prior) please contact us at 828-692-3301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Make a backup of your data.
From the AcctVantage Server computer: select the Maintenance tab and click the Start Backup button.
2. Quit the current version of AV and run the package installer you downloaded.
3. Install the new Key File.
Skip this step if you are already running an earlier version AcctVantage 2018
As of AV 2017, a new key file is only required for major upgrades, i.e. AV2017.x. A key file issued for AV 2017.1.x.x is valid for ALL versions through AV 2017.1.9.9; a new key will be required for AV 2017.2.x.x.
For AV 2015 and earlier, a new key file is required for each upgrade.
You should have received a Key File (*.AKF) from AV Support for the release you are installing -- if you haven't already done so, please email email@example.com to request a Key File. After the installer has completed, navigate to the folder containing your data file (ex: Your Company Data.)
Remove the old Key File from this folder and place your new Key File into this folder.
4. Open a new Finder Window and navigate to the Applications folder.
Find the AcctVantage ERP Server folder. The path should be: Macintosh HD/Applications/AcctVantage ERP Server
5. Open the AcctVantage ERP Server Info window.
Right-click on the AcctVantage ERP Server folder and click Get Info.
6. Set the Permissions for the AcctVantage ERP Server folder
- Set all Permissions to Read & Write*.
- Open the Action Menu (i.e. the gear) and click Apply to enclosed items. (Note: This may require a password depending on how you have the OS set up.)
Note: If your AcctVantage Server is running Mac OS 10.9.x (i.e. Mavericks) you will need to check the box for "Prevent App Nap" in this window also. The App Nap feature is known to cause connectivity issues between the AV Server and Client.
7. Launch the AV Server app.
- If you launch AcctVantage from the Dock, you will need to replace the old icon with the one for the new version.
- The old Dock icon will still be pointing to the previous version.
- To be sure you are using the correct Dock icon, you can hover your cursor over the icon and it will display the version number.
- Point to the Data File (*.4DD) in the Your Company Data folder when you are prompted to.
- If no files or directories have moved then AcctVantage will remember the location of the database and will open it automatically the next time you restart the AV Server.
- If you see a message "Version numbers do not match" you can safely click past it. (Remember to delete your old key file or else you won't be able to get past this message.)
Alert: If you have your AV Server application set to Open at Login in MacOS, you will need to remove that setting from the old version and reinstate the setting in the new version you're updating to.
8. Re-enter your backup settings.
From the AcctVantage Server computer: select the Maintenance tab, click the Preferences button, go through all three tabs (Scheduler, Configuration and Backup & Restore) and re-enter your backup settings.
9. Enjoy using AcctVantage ERP!
Submit a ticket to AV Support if you have any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org