Create a New User
A User is someone who has or will have access to AcctVantage. The User Access Levels area allows you to define a User’s access to the system by editing the rights given in their User record and/or by assigning a User type.
2. Add a new User record
Click the Create New Record icon or use the keyboard shortcut Command + N.
- You must be logged in as an Administrator.
- The new User Name can't already exist on another User record. No duplicates are allowed.
- After you create the new User, you have to use the Action Menu item to set their password. (See Step 5.)
3. Enter data on the Personal Info tab
User Name: The User’s name.
- Used by the password system as the User's login, the Planner and all places where something is "Entered by."
- When entering names, we suggest you use a standard name format such as First_Name Last_Name.
Employee Name: The User’s name as entered in an employee record.
- Client Account Data: Allows the User to view and edit the Account Information tab in the Client record.
- Override Credit Limit: Allows the User to charge an Invoice's Balance Due to A/R for Clients who are over their Credit Limit.
- Delete Quick Reports: Allows the User to delete reports created with the Quick Report Editor.
- Delete Serial Numbers: Allows the User to delete Serial Numbers.
- Modify Product Data: Allows the User to edit data on the Product record.
- Modify Retained Earnings: Allows the User to make Adjusting Journal Entries directly to the Retained Earnings account. Usually reserved for accountant or controller.
- Modify User Security: Allows the User to make changes to User Access records (i.e. the topic of this article).
- System Setup: Allows the User to make changes in the Administration ➤ System Setup window.
- Print Order as an Invoice: Allows a User to print an Invoice form for any open Order. Normally only those Orders marked Shipped/Invoice will print the Invoice form.
- Modify RTP Invoices: Allows the User to uncheck the Shipped/Invoice status on a non-posted Order.
- Mark Commission Paid: Grants access to the Action Menu item for marking Invoices as having been paid commission.
- Reassign Account Mngr: Allows the User access to the Action Menu item that will modify the Account Manager for posted Invoices.
Quick Report Button: Allows the User access to create reports using the Quick Report Editor.
User Defaults and Privileges
- Default Warehouse: The Warehouse that will populate by default for this User on records such as Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Startup Module: The module in AcctVantage that will be active upon the User logging in.
- User Type: Either Administrator, Accounting Manager, Sales Manager or Standard. Informational only.
- User Group: User Access settings can be made on a Group-level and individual Users can be assigned to User Groups.
- Revoke Access: This will prevent the User from logging in to AcctVantage.
4. Set System Access settings for the User
- Allows the Administrator to restrict the User's access to individual modules/windows.
- Grant access to each process by clicking, and placing an x on each item.
- Module Name: The Module that a Process belongs to.
- Area Name: The Process within a Module, that you wish to grant or deny access to for this user.
- Allow: An X in this column indicates that a user has full access to this process in AcctVantage. Click on the line to change the status.
RO (Read Only): An X in this column indicates that a user has read only access to this process in AcctVantage. Click on the line to change the status.
Email / Intranet Settings
- Email Address (From): The email address used as the From address when sending email from within AcctVantage.
Email Address (Reply To): The email address used as the Reply To address when sending email from within AcctVantage.
- These are some System Configuration settings that can be enabled on the User level.
- These normally work in conjunction with System Wide settings established on the System Configuration screen.
- Group: Indicates which screen the field or function applies to.
- Name: Indicates the field or function which is to be affected.
- Value: An enterable field where you can establish the name of a field, activate a function or make any other indicated User defined setting.
Desc: The description for the field or function.
- Click OK to save the new User record when done.
5. Restart the AV Server app
If you see a message stating 4D user not found then restart the AV Server.
6. Set the User's Password
- Highlight the User whose password needs to be set/changed in the list.
- Open the Action Menu and select Change user password.