Create a New User
A User is someone who has or will have access to AcctVantage. The User Access Levels area allows you to define a User’s access to the system by editing the rights given in their User record and/or by assigning a User type.
2. Add a new User record
Click the Create New Record icon or use the keyboard shortcut Command + N.
- You must be logged in as an Administrator.
- The new User Name can't already exist on another User record. No duplicates are allowed.
- After you create the new User, you have to use the Action Menu item to set their password. (See Step 5.)
3. Enter data on the Personal Info tab
- User Name: The User’s name.
- Used by the password system as the User's login, the Planner and all places where something is "Entered by."
- When entering names, we suggest you use a standard name format such as First_Name Last_Name.
- Employee Name: The User’s name as entered in an employee record.
- Access To
- Client Account Data: Allows the User to view and edit the Account Information tab in the Client record.
- Override Credit Limit: Allows the User to charge an Invoice's Balance Due to A/R for Clients who are over their Credit Limit.
- Delete Quick Reports: Allows the User to delete reports created with the Quick Report Editor.
- Delete Serial Numbers: Allows the User to delete Serial Numbers.
- Modify Product Data: Allows the User to edit data on the Product record.
- Modify Retained Earnings: Allows the User to make Adjusting Journal Entries directly to the Retained Earnings account. Usually reserved for accountant or controller.
- Modify User Security: Allows the User to make changes to User Access records (i.e. the topic of this article).
- System Setup: Allows the User to make changes in the Administration ➤ System Setup window.
- Print Order as an Invoice: Allows a User to print an Invoice form for any open Order. Normally only those Orders marked Shipped/Invoice will print the Invoice form.
- Modify RTP Invoices: Allows the User to uncheck the Shipped/Invoice status on a non-posted Order.
- Mark Commission Paid: Grants access to the Action Menu item for marking Invoices as having been paid commission.
- Reassign Account Mngr: Allows the User access to the Action Menu item that will modify the Account Manager for posted Invoices.
- Quick Report Button: Allows the User access to create reports using the Quick Report Editor.
- User Defaults and Privileges
- Default Warehouse: The Warehouse that will populate by default for this User on records such as Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Startup Module: The module in AcctVantage that will be active upon the User logging in.
- User Type: Either Administrator, Accounting Manager, Sales Manager or Standard. Informational only.
- User Group: User Access settings can be made on a Group-level and individual Users can be assigned to User Groups.
- Revoke Access: This will prevent the User from logging in to AcctVantage.
4. Set System Access settings for the User
- Access Settings
- Allows the Administrator to restrict the User's access to individual modules/windows.
- Grant access to each process by clicking, and placing an x on each item.
- Module Name: The Module that a Process belongs to.
- Area Name: The Process within a Module, that you wish to grant or deny access to for this user.
- Allow: An X in this column indicates that a user has full access to this process in AcctVantage. Click on the line to change the status.
- RO (Read Only): An X in this column indicates that a user has read only access to this process in AcctVantage. Click on the line to change the status.
- Email / Intranet Settings
- Email Address (From): The email address used as the From address when sending email from within AcctVantage.
- Email Address (Reply To): The email address used as the Reply To address when sending email from within AcctVantage.
- Other Settings
- These are some System Configuration settings that can be enabled on the User level.
- These normally work in conjunction with System Wide settings established on the System Configuration screen.
- Group: Indicates which screen the field or function applies to.
- Name: Indicates the field or function which is to be affected.
- Value: An enterable field where you can establish the name of a field, activate a function or make any other indicated User defined setting.
- Desc: The description for the field or function.
- Click OK to save the new User record when done.
5. Restart the AV Server app
If you see a message stating 4D user not found then restart the AV Server.
6. Set the User's Password
- Highlight the User whose password needs to be set/changed in the list.
- Open the Action Menu and select Change user password.