If you are using AcctVantage to email any documents (i.e Sales Documents, Purchasing Documents, Client Statements, etc.) you will need to set up the software to use this functionality.
- There are 2 different methods that you can choose from on the Mac platform - SMTP or Mac Mail. These settings can either be applied globally (i.e. all Users) or for individual Users.
- If using Windows, the only option available at this time is SMTP.
- With the Mac Mail setting enabled there will be a copy of the message in the Sent folder of your Mac Mail application.
- Also, the first signature found in the Mac Mail client preferences will automatically be attached to each outgoing message.
- If you have multiple signatures saved here, you can move your preferred signature for AcctVantage to the top of the list by clicking and dragging it above the others.
- A Correspondence record is created in AcctVantage using either method.
Email Setup for SMTP Mail
Find your Account Settings here:
- (Mac) Mac Mail®: Mail menu ➤ Preferences ➤ Accounts tab
- (Windows) Microsoft Outlook®: Outlook menu ➤ Preferences ➤ Accounts
Go to Administration ➤ System Setup and select Email from the drop-down list. The settings here should equal the settings in the Account Settings of your email application. Click OK to save.
Install the script for Mac Mail
First, you'll need to download and install the Mac Mail Script to enable the Mac Mail option in System Configuration.
- Download the attached script.
- Go to Administration ➤ Scripts.
- Open the Action Menu, select Load Installer and point to the script that you downloaded.
This script will automatically run as needed. You can now enable AcctVantage to use Mac Mail at either the global level or the User level (see the next steps.)
Enable Mac Mail at the global level...
Go to Administration ➤ System Configuration and select Email from the drop-down list. Here you'll find the setting for Email Send Method. Double-click this to display a list of settings to choose from.
...Or Enable Mac Mail at the User level
Go to Administration ➤ User Access Levels and open the User record to change. Click on the System Access tab and find the setting for Email Send Method under Other Settings. Double-click this to display a list of settings to choose from.