Sales & Purchasing tab
The System Setup: Sales & Purchasing window allows for customization of the Sales and Purchasing Modules.
This is an overview of the window.
See below for descriptions of each section of this window.
1. Message Defaults
Message Defaults allows you to customize a message that will print at the bottom of AcctVantage's standard forms (Quote, Order, Invoice, Pack List, Purchase Order). The message entered here is not modifiable during printing, so this is a good place for information that only changes rarely.
For example, you may want a message at the bottom of every Quote that reads, "All Quotes are valid for 15 days. Thank you!"
2. Sales Order Defaults
- Type: Determines if a new record in the Sales Orders & Quotes screen is a Quote, an Order or if the user will be prompted to select (None).
- Lines: Allows you to designate how many line items are populated on a new Sales Order by default. You are still free to add or remove lines later.
- Line Memo Popup: When checked this will display a popup dialog box for each line item memo field when you tab to it in the Sales Order window.
- Auto-Enter Ship: When checked this will automatically populate the Ship field with the quantity entered in the Order column (as long as there is enough Qty Available to be shipped).
- Auto-Enter Backorder: When checked this will automatically populate the BO field with the difference between the quantity in the Order column and Qty Available.
- Allow Def. Rev. Sales: see this article
- Other ID Label: this is a field label that corresponds to the Reference field on an Order (Sales Order ➤ Items tab ➤ Reference.)
3. PO Defaults
- Type: Determines if a new record in the Purchase Order screen is for Inventory or Supplies, or should the user be asked (None)?
- Lines: Allows you to designate how many line items are populated on a new Purchase Order by default. You are still free to add or remove lines later.
- Line Memo Popup: When checked this will display a popup dialog box for each line item memo field when you tab to it in the Purchase Order window.
4. Vendor Defaults
5. Client Defaults
- Contact Name Format: Denotes the default display order of the Salutation, First Name and Last Name of Contacts related to a Client.
- Country: The default Country for all new Clients.
- Ship Via: The default shipping method for all new Clients.
- Tax Area: The default Tax Area for all new Clients.
- Relation: Allows you to designate a default Relation that will populate for all new Clients added (Client record ➤ Company Info tab ➤ Attributes ➤ Relation).
- Auto-Client Number: When set to On this feature will automatically generate a new sequential Client Number when a new Client is added.
- Prospect Rev. Limit: Allows you to set the sales threshold where a Prospect will become a Client.