View the AV Server Administration window from an AV Client
This tech note illustrates how to open the AV Server Administration window via the AV Client. In the past, administrators needed to go to the actual server hardware to see this window. Now, it can be viewed from any AV Client.
1. Log in as the Administrator user
First step is to log in as the Administrator user. Regular users who are tagged with the administrator User Type are not permitted to access this window. It is strictly for the top-level Administrator.
2. Open the Administration module
Navigate to Administration > Open Server Admin Window.
3. View the AV Server Administration window
Once you're here, you can do most of the functions available on the AV Server, including (but not limited to):
- Manage users
- Verify or set most backup settings
- Restart the AV server application
There are some features that are not enabled via the client-side Server Administration window. You must be server-side to perform functions including (but not limited to):
- Set the backup destination folder
- Data maintenance routine
- Set cache memory settings