Apply an A/R Credit to an Order
In this article we will look at applying A/R Credits and Deposits to customer Invoices. This can be done through two different windows:
- Sales Orders
1. Apply on the Sales Order
If you would like to apply an open A/R Credit or Deposit to an Open Sales Order (not yet Posted), you can do so the Sales Order screen.
- Open the Sales Order and click on the Payments tab.
- Click the Apply To button to view a list of open A/R items for this Client, including Deposits and Credits. Select the Document (A/R Credit) that you'd like to apply to this new Order.
Note: This same process can be used in reverse too...If you are issuing a Credit Memo, you can choose Apply To and select the original Invoice.
1.2. The A/R Credit has been applied.
2. Apply using a Receipt
In this scenario, let's assume that we just received a check for $12.25 and our Client has an A/R Credit for $175.00. We need to apply both of these to an Order for $187.25.
- Enter the Receipt amount in the Receipt information section
- Enter the debit (credit) amounts in the line items section under the Applied column.
- You'll know you were successful when the Distribution remaining = $0.00.