Dashboard (AV 2017 and later)
Note: Dashboards were overhauled significantly for AV 2017, see this article for older versions.
The Dashboard windows presents HTML/web based graphs and charts to give you a snapshot view of your company's activity.
The dashboard is powered by the AcctVantage web server. This web server launches automatically by default, but may be shut down manually. If your dashboards do not appear, please verify the AV Web Server is running.
The ability to view dashboards is controlled by settings in System Configuration and a User's Access Record.
Each pane in the Dashboard window is controlled by a script that is installed in the Administration ➤ Scripts window. New Dashboard gauges can be created to your specification by AcctVantage's Professional Services team. Contact AV support for more information.
Example of a Dashboard.
1. Install the Dashboard Scripts.
AcctVantage Support will provide the standard set of dashboards, shown above, upon request. Email to Support@AcctVantage.com to request the installer files.
1.2. Load installer.
1.5. Script record created successfully.
Repeat these steps for each Dashboard Script to be installed.
2. Enable the Dashboard.
2.2. System Configuration Settings.
- Change the drop-down menu to Dashboard.
- Set the Value of the Parameter Dashboard Access to True.
- Set the Value of the Parameter Dashboard Default Module to the desired module.
- Set the Value of the Parameter Dashboard Open on Startup to True or False as preferred.
- Set access to each of the individual Dashboard modules to True or False.
- Click OK when finished to save these settings.
2.3. To set access for individual Users...
- Go to Administration ➤ User Access Levels and open a User's Record.
- Click on the System Access tab.
- Modify the Dashboard parameters as desired.
- Click OK to save these settings.