Show AP Aging Columns in the Disbursement window
A new feature for AcctVantage 2013.0.0.3 is the ability to have AP Aging Columns displayed in the AP Disbursement window. These will be the same columns you are used to seeing in the AP Aging window.
- If you have made any changes to the Standard AP Disbursement View Definition, you'll want to follow the instructions for Steps 1-6 (below) to add the AP Aging Columns. This is necessary so you don't overwrite any custom changes you've made to the View Definition. Skip to the Alternate Instructions @ Step 1 for more information.
- If you are using the Standard AP Disbursement View Definition, you can download and install the new Standard AP Disbursement View Definition, which will update the window to include these columns.
Download and install the new Standard View Definition for the AP Disbursement window.
If you are using the Standard AcctVantage View Definition for the AP Disbursement window (in other words, if you have not made any changes to this window via the View Editor) then you can download and install the NEW Standard AP Disbursement View Definition and save yourself some time. Here's how:
- Download the AP Disbursement View Definition with AP Aging columns here.
- Unzip the ZIP file.
- Open up the folder where your AV Client application is.
- Mac: Applications/AcctVantage Client/INSTALL
- Windows: C:\AcctVantage Client\INSTALL (or C:\Program Files\AcctVantage Client\INSTALL)
- Within the AcctVantage Client folder you will see a folder titled INSTALL. Drop the View Definition into the INSTALL folder and restart your AV Client app -- the View Definition will be automatically loaded.
- see Step 6 for a screenshot of what the window will look like.
2. Open the View Definition for the Disbursement window
- In the Views list in the upper left-hand corner of the View Editor, scroll down until you see the item APDocument.
- Click the triangle to the left of APDocument.
- Select the View Definition for Default, AP Disburse.
- To add an Aging Column, click the Insert Calc Column button.
- For each column, you will be prompted to Enter the name of the callback method (Step 3).
- You will also need to enter titles for these new columns (Step 4).
- See the following table for these callback methods and titles (Step 2.1).
2.1. Callback Methods & Column Titles
Note: The time periods for each Aging Column are defined in Administration ➤ System Setup ➤ A/R & A/P. The number of days for each Aging Period will be the Column Title when using this table.
3. Enter the name of the callback method.
After you click Insert Calc Column, you will be prompted to enter the name of the callback method. This must be entered exactly as it appears in the above table. Click OK to save the column.
4. Enter the Column Title.
After you enter the callback method for a column, you will need to enter the Column Title. This must be entered exactly as it appears in the above table. Press the tab key to save the Column Title.
Referencing the table in Step 2.1, repeat Step 3 and Step 4 for each of the AP Aging Columns.