Create a Purchase Order (basic) (AV 2015.1.2.0 and later)
Previous versions of AcctVantage did not allow for mixed Inventory and Non-Inventory line items on a single PO. As of AV 2015.1.2.0 (March 2016), you may have any combination of Inventory and Non-Inventory type lines on a single PO.
Follow these steps to create a basic Purchase Order.
2. Create a new Purchase Order
3. PO Line Item Entry
When adding line items to the Purchase Order, AcctVantage will attempt to match the entered Part Number to an existing Product record in AcctVantage. If a match is found, the PO will be entered for that product and - if it's an Inventory type - received units will be entered into Inventory. If the entered Part Number is not found, AcctVantage will ask if you would like to create a new Product. You may cancel the new Product creation and enter a 'free form' line item without creating a Product record; in this case, no inventory will be received as you process the PO, but the line will still update PO totals and print.
The columns that are available for entry in the line item area are modifiable to allow for additional (or fewer) data fields. Please refer to Purchase Order Defaults & Line Item Columns
Line items may be entered using any defined Unit of Measure. Please refer to Purchase Orders & Alternate Units of Measure
4. Foreign Currency Purchasing
Enter the data for the Purchase Order and click OK to save.
*NEW fields for AV 2015*
Foreign Currency: This is carried over from the Vendor record, only if it is set up with a Default Foreign Currency. You can change this on-the-fly here on the PO if you don't want to change it more permanently on the Vendor record.
- If you don't use Foreign Currency then this will read "None."
- Exchange Rate: The Exchange Rate is pulled from the Foreign Currency record by default. You can change it here if you need to make a quick change. It will not update the Foreign Currency Definition, however.
- FC Unit Cost: This is calculated on a line item basis as the Exchange Rate x Unit Cost.
- FC Ext Cost: This is calculated on a line item basis as the UM Qty x FC Unit Cost.
Note: At the bottom right corner of this PO window you can see the FC sub totals and totals that are being carried in parallel to the standard values in USD. If you're not using Foreign Currencies, you don't need to worry about this...it will be hidden.