Warehouse Transfers - Manual
You can use the Warehouse Transfer function in two different ways:
- Inter-Warehouse Transfer: To transfer items from one Warehouse to another Warehouse.
- Intra-Warehouse Transfer: To transfer items from one Location within a Warehouse to another Location within the same Warehouse
In this lesson we'll look at both scenarios:
1. Open the Warehouse Transfer window.
2. Transfer Inventory between different Warehouses
- Enter the From Warehouse and the To Warehouse. A key component of the Warehouse Transfer is to make sure you have the two Warehouses entered correctly.
- Enter Shipped and Received Dates.
- Estimated Picked: This date is for planning purposes only.
- Picked Actual: Entering this date will cause the stock in the shipping warehouse to
- Estimated Shipped: This date is for planning purposes only.
- Shipped Actual: This date is for planning purposes only.
- Received Estimated: This date is for planning purposes only.
- Received Actual: Entering this date will cause the stock in the receiving warehouse to become available.
- Enter the Line Items. In addition to the Part Number and Requested (Req), Transfer (Trsf) Quantity you can also elect to enter the Unit of Measure, Lot Number, Freight Amount and a From Location and To Location. These Locations will auto-populate with the Default Location designated for each Warehouse. Note: Req Qty is optional and can be used for preparing a pick ticket, this qty does not reserve or allocate any units. The Transfer Qty is what will actually be drawn from stock and shipped to the receiving location.
Click OK to save and don't forget to Post the Warehouse Transfer!
3. Transfer Inventory between Locations within the same Warehouse
Focusing on the differences between an Inter and Intra-Warehouse Transfer...
- For an Intra-Warehouse Transfer the From Warehouse and To Warehouse will be the same.
- In the Line Items section you can enter the From Location and To Location.
- Locations are set up from within the Warehouse record.
- See this article for info on setting up Locations within a Warehouse.
4. Fulfillment Tab
The fulfillment tab of the Warehouse Transfer record can be used to specify inventory Lots and Serial Numbers for shipment. If this tab is not used to allocate specific inventory, AcctVantage will draw units on a FIFO basis.