Global Replace - Products
The Global Replace function is used to change values for a batch of Product records. This can be used in conjunction with the MRP feature to update Product records more efficiently.
To use this feature go to Warehouse Management > Products and highlight a selection of Products that you want to modify. Then go to the List Menu > Global Replace and enter any of the values listed below. The values you enter will apply to the entire selection of Products.
1. Product Info
1.1. Basic Product info
- Vendor Name: The primary Vendor Name listed on the Product.
- Product Category: Enter a Product Category to change. The category must already exist in order to be used here.
- Taxable (t/f): Enter true or false to toggle the taxability status of the Product.
- Commission %: Enter the actual percentage (not the decimal value) to change the commission rate for the Product.
- Markup %: Enter the actual percentage (not the decimal value) to change the markup rate for the Product.
- Actual Cost %: Enter a percentage here to change the Default PO Cost. The system will mark up the current Default PO Cost by the percentage and will set a new cost for the Product.
- Default Location: NO LONGER USED
- Track Reorder (t/f): Enter true or false here to include or exclude the Product from Inventory Shortages calculations.
- Inactive (t/f): Enter true or false here to activate or deactivate the Product. In order to deactivate a Product there must be no current inventory.
- Desc as Memo Default (t/f): Enter true or false here to determine if the Product Description should be used as the Line Memo.
- Line Memo Text: Enter text to use as the Line Memo.
- Unit of Measure: Enter the default Unit of Measure for the Product. This does not affect any current inventory or alternate units of measure.
- Track Lots (t/f): Enter true or false here to force AV Mobile users to enter/select a Lot.
- Track Lot Exp (t/f): Enter true or false here to force AV Mobile users to enter a Lot Expiration Date when receiving inventory.
1.2. Product MRP info
- Warehouse to Update: Either choose to update these values for all warehouses or select a single warehouse.
Auto Calc Max Multiplier: If you want to have the Maximum Stock value calculated automatically, enter the multiplier here.
- Maximum Stock = Max Multiplier x Average Monthly Usage
Auto Calc Min Multiplier: If you want to have the Minimum Stock value calculated automatically, enter the multiplier here.
- Minimum Stock = Min Multiplier x Average Monthly Usage
- Ignore Warehouse Transfers (True/False): Enter True if you DO NOT want Warehouse Transfers to be included in Inventory Statistics calculations.
- Decimal Precision: Enter the decimal precision to use for auto-calculating Min/Max stock levels.
- Time Period (Months): Enter the time period (in months) to be considered for Inventory Statistics calculations.
2. Price Breaks & Components
Price Breaks and Recipe Components for Kits/Assemblies can also be updated here. Please see the specific articles for instructions on those topics.
Price Break Global Replace - under construction