Dashboard (AV 2008 to AV 2015)
Note: Dashboards were overhauled significantly for AV 2017, this article applies only to AV 2008 though AV 2015.
The Dashboard feature was released in AcctVantage 2008.1.2.0. It is a window accessible via the Tools menu that can display tables, graphs and charts of up-to-the-moment analysis of Sales, Accounting, Inventory, or Purchasing. The ability to view this window is controlled by settings in System Configuration and a User's Access Record.
Each pane in the Dashboard window is controlled by a script that is installed in the Administration ➤ Scripts window. New Dashboard gauges can be created to your specification by AcctVantage's Professional Services team. Contact AV support for more information.
We've made the following 6 scripts available as standard for the dashboard feature:
Example of a Dashboard.
1. Install the Dashboard Scripts.
1.2. Load installer.
1.5. Script record created successfully.
Repeat these steps for each Dashboard Script to be installed.
2. Enable the Dashboard.
2.2. System Configuration Settings.
- Change the drop-down menu to Dashboard.
- Set the Value of the Parameter Dashboard Access to True.
- Set the Value of the Parameter Dashboard Default Module to the desired module.
- Set the Value of the Parameter Dashboard Open on Startup to True or False as preferred.
- Set access to each of the individual Dashboard modules to True or False.
- Click OK when finished to save these settings.
2.3. To set access for individual Users...
- Go to Administration ➤ User Access Levels and open a User's Record.
- Click on the System Access tab.
- Modify the Dashboard parameters as desired.
- Click OK to save these settings.