Email a Purchase Order
New for AV 2020.1.0: There is now a new system-wide email form. This form was designed to more closely mirror the email form you're used to seeing in your favorite email client. We condensed multiple windows (email addresses and body text) into a single window ... and added the ability to attach more documents!
This article will detail how to email a Purchase Order to your Vendor.
1. Select the PO Custom Form to send via email
- Go to Administration ➤ System Configuration.
- Select Purchase Order from the drop-down list.
- Find the setting for Email Custom Form and double-click it to bring up a list of Custom Forms to choose from.
- Select the custom form you want to use for emailing PO's and save the System Configuration window.
2. Email a Purchase Order
- In the Purchase Order window highlight the PO(s) that you want to send.
- Open the Action Menu and click Email Purchasing Document.
3. Enter the email info
After you choose Email Purchasing Document from the Action Menu, you will have the opportunity to fill out the email form.
The Body Text will be visible to all Vendors who receive the emailed purchase orders! Clicking OK here will email the statements as a PDF attachment.
3.1. Single Vendor
If you have selected one single Vendor to email, you will see this dialog where you can enter the To, CC and BCC email addresses. The To email address will auto-populate with the Vendor's default email address.
You can see the purchase order is already attached as a PDF. Also, you can click on the + symbol to attach additional files.
3.2. Multiple Vendors
If you have selected multiple Vendors to email, then the dialog will look this (below) and the purchase orders will automatically be sent to each Vendors' default email address.