Add a new Vendor Contact
A Contact is a person who represents your Client or Vendor and with whom you Correspond regarding transactions. In addition to basic information such as name, address, phone number, and job title, the Contacts area allows you to note what kind of mailings you want the person to receive and view the person’s picture. It also provides space for you to enter any other information you want.
2. Enter the Contact Information
2.1. Name and Address
- Client vs. Vendor: Select the radio button for either Client or Vendor depending on who the Contact is linked to.
- Company Name: The Client or Vendor name for who the Contact is linked to.
- First Name: The Contact's first name.
- Last Name: The Contact's last name.
- Salutation: The Contact's salutation, which will be printed on Correspondence to the Contact. A choice list will pop up when you click in this field.
- Title: The Contact's job title. A choice list will pop up when you click in this field.
- Greeting: This field enables you to replace the standard greeting “Dear Mr. Stafford” with a greeting of your choice. For example, if you are on a first-name basis with contact Matthew Stafford, you might want the greeting to say “Dear Matthew” rather than “Dear Mr. Stafford.” Type in the preferred greeting here. AcctVantage will then use this value instead of the standard format.
- Street Address, Suite/P.O. Box, City, State, Zip, Country: The Contact's mailing address.
3. Enter Memo/Other Information
3.1. Additional Information & Picture
- Info 1, 2, & 3: These free-form fields can hold any additional data needed. There is a limit of 15 characters. The difference between these fields and the free-form Memo field (other than the length of the field) is that you can perform searches on these fields. For instance, you could insert Seminar Attendee in the Info 1 field to indicate that the contact has attended one of your seminars. If you put Seminar Attendee in the Info 1 field of all such contacts, you could perform a search on this field and separate all contacts that have attended your seminars and those who have not.
- Mail Stop: Any additional information needed to distinguish the Contact’s mailing address from the company mailing address (such as a department or a floor).
A picture of the Contact. If you have a digitized picture (PNG or JPG seem to work best) of the person, copy it to the clipboard, then click into this field and paste the graphic. The Copy and Paste commands are found on the Edit menu (at the top of the screen.)
3.2. Memo & Mailing Groups
Use this Memo field to enter additional notes regarding the Contact. Click the adjacent date stamp icon to insert the date, time, and your username.
The Mailing Value list allows you to determine what kind of mail you are going to send the Contact. For example, suppose you have a new Product and would like to send a notice to all the purchasing agents in your Contact database. If you have assigned Purchasing Agent as a mailing value for these people, you can query contacts by the mailing value Purchasing Agent and easily perform a mass mailing from the resulting list. Note that a Contact can have more than one mailing value.
To add a new Mailing Value, click into the Mailing Value list area and then click the + symbol. This will open up one of the fields for you to type in the new Mailing Value.