Attach a Document to a Record
You can attach documents to just about any record in AcctVantage. Some specific examples of how to use this feature might be:
- Attach a contract to a Client or Vendor record.
- Attach a schematic to an Assembly Product record.
- Attach a Client's Purchase Order to a Sales Order record.
- Attach a Vendor Invoice to a Voucher record.
- and many others...
Most of the common document file types are supported (PDF, DOC, TXT, JPG, etc).
Before you attach a document, be sure to close any other program that might prevent AV from accessing the document. In other words, if you are attaching an Excel document, make sure Excel is closed before you do so ... if you are attaching a Word document, make sure Word is closed ... etc.
1. Attachment Icon
Click the paper clip icon on any given record to attach a Document.
- black paper clip - there are no files attached to the record
- red paper clip - there are files attached to the record (this is OK...you can still attach more files!)
See the end of this article for a few specific examples of records that can have documents attached.
1.1. This record must be saved...
Click Yes to proceed.
1.2. There are no associated documents...
...you will see this message if there are no files attached to the current record.
Click Yes to proceed with attaching a document to the record.
1.3. If there ARE currently files attached to the record...
...then you won't see the message in Step 1.2, you'll see this window. Click the + symbol to continue.
2. Add the Attachment Descriptions.
- Click the Select button to choose the file to attach.
- Enter the relevant Short and Long Descriptions.
- Click OK to save the attachment and click OK again to save the record.
Attach a document to an Invoice record.
Attach a document such as a Client Purchase Order to a Sales Order record.
Attach a document to a Purchase Order record.
Attach a document such as a contract to a Purchase Order record.
Attach a document to a Product record.
Attach a document such as a Assembly Schematic to a Product record.