Bill of Materials Setup
In AcctVantage ERP the Bill of Materials (BOM) for a Product is sometimes referred to as a Recipe.
- The BOM Recipe can be defined for Assembly, Kit and Template Product types.
- Once a Product is saved as one of the above types it can not be changed.
- The BOM Recipe itself, however, is always modifiable. It changed be changed either on a global level through the Product record or on a one-off basis on a Sales Order or Work Order.
1. Set Up the Product to use a Bill of Materials (Product Info tab).
In order to set up a Bill of Materials (i.e. a Recipe) the Product must be either an Assembly, Kit, or Template Product types.
One of these options must be selected when the Product record is initially created.
2. Set Up the Bill of Materials (Recipe - Inventory tab)
The Bill of Materials [for Assemblies and Kits] is defined on the Bill of Materials tab of the Product record. Here you can include both Inventory and Non-Inventory items as part of the Product's BOM.
From the Inventory tab of the Product record, click the + symbol to add a line item to the BOM.
New for AV 2018.0.3.7:
Default Setup Cost: This is a flat rate expense that can be charged on a Work Order. You are not required to enter the Default Setup Cost here on the BOM. If there is a value entered here, it will populate on a Work Order by default. The expense will be charged to the Work Order Setup GL Account that is entered in System Setup.
2.1. Add an Assembly Component
- Part Number: The Number of the Product that is being added as an assembly component.
- Product Name: The Name of the Product that is being added as an assembly component. (This will auto-fill from the Product record when the Part Number is entered.)
- Line Memo Default: The Default Line Item Memo, which is either the Description or Order Memo Text. (This will auto-fill from the Product record when the Part Number is entered.)
- Reference: A field similar to the memo that only exists here on the Recipe.
- Quantity: The quantity of the Product that will be included in the Recipe for the Assembly, Kit or Template.
3. Set Up the Bill of Materials (Recipe - Non-Inventory tab)
On the Non-Inventory tab of the Recipe you can link other costs (i.e. Non-Inventory costs) associated with the Bill of Materials to the General Ledger.
Don't forget to click OK to save the Product record when you are finished!
4. Assembly Process
After you've set up the Inventoried and Non-Inventoried components of your product, you may also want to establish the steps or process needed to complete the build. For information on setting up build steps, please refer to Work Order Assembly Process feature