There are two methods that can be used to post transactions to the General Ledger:
- Through the General Ledger Module ➤ Post Transactions window.
- By using an Action Menu item (Post Selected Transactions) to post a single record or selection of records in any given module or window that contains post-able transactions. (This option is only available with the Advanced General Ledger Module.)
2. Post records from the Posting window...
1. Posting Date Range
- From Date: The beginning date to find unposted transactions within. By default this will be set to beginning of the current fiscal period.
- To Date: The end of the date range to find unposted transactions within. By default this will be set to the current date.
- Find: Click the Find button after the Posting Date Range has been defined.
2. Post Transactions
- Transaction Type: A list of all types of post-able transactions in AcctVantage.
- Within Range: The number of unposted transactions for each Transaction Type that are within the Posting Date Range set in part 1.
- Total Records: The total number of unposted transactions for each Transaction Type. This includes transactions that are outside of the Posting Date Range.
3. After Posting Options
- Print AR Aging: Prints an AR Aging Detail report after the selected transactions are posted.
- Print AP Aging: Prints an AP Aging Detail report after the selected transactions are posted.
- Print Financials: Prints Financial Statements after the selected transactions are posted.
- Print Trial Balance: Prints a Trial Balance report after the selected transactions are posted.
- Finance Charges: Will calculate Finance Charges on past due AR Accounts when the posting session is finished.
- One dialog will be presented to enter the cutoff date for Finance Charges.
- A second dialog will be presented to confirm calculating Finance Charges.
- A Journal Entry will be created. This will need to be posted before the Finance Charge is applied to the Client's AR Sub-Account.
- Quit After Posting: The AV Client App will shut down after the posting session is complete.
4. Posting Options
- Print Journals: Will print 3 Journals at the time of posting.
- Journal Report: contains information about the posting session such as date, time and the number/type of transactions posted.
- Post Session Journal: contains more specific data such as GL Accounts, Transaction Dates, Debits & Credits and Totals that were included in the posting session.
- Transaction Journal: contains even more detailed data. This report shows detail of each record that was included in the posting session. A unique report will print for each Transaction Type selected.
- Print Preview: The Posting Journal will not be printed but will be viewed on screen.
- Backup Before Posting: AcctVantage will perform a data backup prior to posting the selected transactions.
- Click the Proceed button to Post Transactions based on the previous selections you have made in this step.
3. ...or Post selected records using the Action Menu.
- Find the records that you want to post in any given window that contains post-able transactions.
- Open the Action Menu and select Post selected records.
- Confirm that the records should be posted (see next screenshot).
Note: If you choose this manner of posting, the After Posting Options will not be available as they are in the first method.