Record a Journal Entry
2. Create a New Record
Click the Create New Record icon or use the keyboard shortcut Command + N.
3. Enter the Journal Entry data
- Memo: The Memo field is mandatory on Journal Entries.
- Type: Select either One Time or Recurring. If One Time is selected you will also need to select the Post To Date. Be mindful of this as this is the date the transaction will be applied to your General Ledger. The majority of adjustments will be "One Time" entries. Recurring entries act as templates for transactions that occur with some frequency, such as depreciation adjustments.
- Line Items
- Add new line items by clicking the + symbol.
- Select the Line Type for the new line. See this lesson for more info on Line Types. Your next action will depend on the Line Type selected.
- Enter a Debit or Credit Amount for each line item.
Click OK to save and don't forget to Post the Journal Entry!