Adjusting Journal Entry - Line Types
The Type column in the Adjusting Journal Entry line items section designates the type of account that the adjustment is for.
See the article for Adjusting Journal Entries if you're looking for a more general understanding of how these entries work.
Select a Line Type
- Click on the + symbol to enter a new line item.
- In the Type column, enter the @ symbol then press the <tab> key to bring up a list of Adjusting Entry Types to choose from.
- Highlight a Line Type (see descriptions below) and click Select.
- In the GL Name field, you'll begin data entry per the table below.
*The value in the GL Account Name field will depend on the Line Type.
AIP: GL Name is the Vendor Name.
- AV will display a list of un-Vouchered Accrued Inventory Payable items for adjustment.
CLI: GL Name is the Client Name.
- AV will display a list of Client Accounts Receivable items for adjustment.
DEF: GL Name is the Product Number.
- AV will prompt you for a Warehouse, and then a Lot to adjust the Deferred Revenue account.
GL: GL Name is the GL Account Name.
- This is the default Line Type.
INV: GL Name is the Product's Part Number.
- AV will prompt you for a Warehouse, and then a Lot to adjust the Inventory Asset account. Note: This allows you to adjust the value of on-hand inventory without adjusting the quantity.
VEND: GL Name is the Vendor Name.
- AV will display a list of Vendor Accounts Payable items for adjustment.
The table below represents the order of data entry for each type of adjustment. This is the same data represented above, just in a different format.
|Type of Adjustment||Line Type||Order of data entry|
|Accrued Inventory Payable (i.e. Inventory Holding)||AIP||Vendor Name -> select Open Accrued Inventory Payable|
|Accounts Receivable||CLI||Client Name -> select Open Accounts Receivable (or enter closed A/R Document ID to reopen)|
|Deferred Revenue||DEF||Part Number -> select Warehouse -> select Lot to be adjusted|
|General Ledger||GL||GL Account Name (default line type, no special instructions)|
|Inventory Value||INV||Part Number -> select Warehouse -> select Lot to be adjusted
|Accounts Payable||VEND||Vendor Name -> select Open Accounts Payable (or enter closed A/P Document ID to reopen)|