The Forecast window is used to enter potential future sales for a Product. The Forecast feature can be used in conjunction with the MRP feature to generate Purchase Orders based on MRP Action Items.
2. Create a new Forecast record
3. Enter the Forecast information
- Company Name: The name of the company for whom you are Forecasting a future sale.
- Ship To ID: The ID of the Ship To Address where the Forecasted sale will be shipped.
- Part Number: The Part Number of the Product for which the Forecast is being created.
- Warehouse Name: The physical Warehouse that potential future orders will be shipped from. This is important when using the Forecast feature in conjunction with the MRP feature. (MRP Action Items are calculated on a per Warehouse basis.)
- Original: The Original Quantity that was Forecasted.
- Current: Enter the Quantity of items that will be necessary for this Forecast.
- Consumed: The Quantity of items that have been consumed (by Sales Orders, Work Orders, etc.) from the Original Forecasted Quantity.
- Required Date: The date that the Forecasted items will be needed in stock in the noted Warehouse.
Click OK to save the Forecast record.
4. The MRP screen
- Go to Inventory ➤ Products and open the Product record for an item that has been Forecast.
- Select the MRP tab and click the Recalc button.
- You will now see the Forecasted quantity appear in the window.
- If the Forecast requires an Action (i.e. Purchase Order) you will see that listed under Action Items. (In this particular example, the Forecast did not require an Action.)