Navigate to the Product record and select the Inventory tab. For each Product/Warehouse combination that you want to calculate materials requirements for, you will need to enter the following info:
- Maximum Stock: This is the maximum quantity that you normally keep in stock.
- Depending on your Auto-PO settings, AcctVantage can create a PO to replenish the stock level to this quantity (or greater).
- Minimum Stock: This is the minimum quantity that you normally keep in stock.
- Lead Time: Under normal delivery circumstances (e.g. First Class, Ground, etc) this is the number of days that it would take to receive the shipment from your Vendor.
- Rush Lead Time: Under expedited delivery circumstances (e.g. Priority Mail, Next Day Air, etc.), this is the absolute minimum number of days that it would take to receive the shipment from your Vendor.
- Reorder Quantity: The quantity of this item that is usually ordered when the Minimum Stock Level is reached.
- Depending on your Auto-PO settings, AcctVantage can create a PO for exactly this quantity.
Navigate to Administration ➤ System Configuration and select MRP from the drop-down list.
- Calculate Parent Assy Open Sales (True or False)
- When this is set to True, if there is an Assembly on an Open Sales Order, it will be considered when MRP levels are calculated.
- When it is set to False, Assembly items on Open Sales Orders will be ignored when MRP levels are calculated.