MRP - Product Setup
There are some values that need to be set up on the Product record in order to use the MRP feature in AcctVantage.
If you are going to be using the Inventory Shortages feature in conjunction with MRP, you'll also need to see the article on Inventory Shortages Setup.
Navigate to the Product record and select the Inventory tab. For each Product/Warehouse combination that you want to calculate materials requirements for, you will need to enter the following info.
If you want AcctVantage to auto-calculate these values (i.e. Minimum Stock, Maximum Stock, Lead Time and Rush Lead Time), you can leave all of the items in Group 1 blank except for Reorder Quantity.
- Maximum Stock: This is the maximum quantity that you normally keep in stock.
- Minimum Stock: This is the minimum quantity that you normally keep in stock.
- Lead Time (Days): Under normal delivery circumstances (e.g. First Class, Ground, etc.) this is the number of days that it would take to receive the shipment from your Vendor.
- Rush Lead Time (Days): Under expedited delivery circumstances (e.g. Priority Mail, Next Day Air, etc.), this is the number of days that it would take to receive the shipment from your Vendor.
- Reorder Quantity: The quantity of this item that is usually ordered when the Minimum Stock Level is reached.
If you want AcctVantage to automatically calculate Minimum Stock and Maximum Stock, you'll need to enter the following info (see Group 2 below).
MRP Auto Max Stock Multiplier: If you want to have the Maximum Stock value calculated automatically, enter the multiplier here.
- Maximum Stock = Max Multiplier x Average Monthly Usage
MRP Auto Min Stock Multiplier: If you want to have the Minimum Stock value calculated automatically, enter the multiplier here.
- Minimum Stock = Min Multiplier x Average Monthly Usage
- MRP Ignore WH Transfers (True/False): Enter True if you DO NOT want Warehouse Transfers to be included in Inventory Statistics calculations.
- MRP Rounding Precision: Enter the decimal precision to use for auto-calculating Min/Max stock levels.
MRP Time Period (Months): Enter the time period (in months) to be considered for Inventory Statistics calculations.
- The current month will not be considered in the calculations.
If you want AcctVantage to automatically calculate Lead Time and Rush Lead Time, check the Auto-Recalc Lead Times box (see #3 below).
System Configuration Setup
Navigate to Administration ➤ System Configuration and select MRP from the drop-down list.
Calculate Parent Assy Open Sales (True or False)
- When this is set to True, if there is an Assembly on an Open Sales Order, it will be considered when MRP levels are calculated.
- When this is set to False, Assembly items on Open Sales Orders will be ignored when MRP levels are calculated.