Print Client Mailing Labels
AcctVantage provides a special interface for printing Client labels and Sales Document labels. A set of pre-defined label forms are included for these screens along with tools to manage creating follow up Tasks and Correspondence records as part of the label printing process.
2. Select a list of Clients
3. Client Label window
3.1. Label Format
In the Client Labels window there are 3 pre-defined common label sizes. After you choose all of your settings and click OK you will also receive a prompt (above) for the Row # where you want to start printing on the sheet of labels. This is useful if you have a partial sheet of labels that you want to use.
- One Up Mailing - prints 1 label per 8.5" x 11" page (i.e. Avery® 5165 or 8165)
- Three Up Mailing - prints 30 labels per 8.5" x 11" page (i.e. Avery® 5160 or 8160)
- 3 x 4 Mailing - prints 12 labels per 8.5" x 11" page(i.e. Avery® 5164 or 8164)
*If you are printing labels from a different window or you want to use a different label layout, you can click the Editor... button to define the layout of the labels.
3.2. Contact Name Format
This drop-down list is where you choose the format to display the Contact Name on the label (the Contact Address will print exactly as it is entered on the Contact record.) We'll use the name John Doe to illustrate each of the options in this list:
- First: John
- First Last: John Doe
- Greeting: Dear John (The Greeting is set on each individual Contact record. If the Greeting field is left blank on the Contact record, the Greeting will be displayed as "Dear" by default.)
- Last, First: Doe, John
- None: This will print only one label for the Client, not one for each Contact. Only the Client Name/Address will be the printed on the label.
- Sal First Last: Mr. John Doe (The Salutation is set on each individual Contact record. If the Salutation field is left blank on the Contact record, no Salutation will be printed. The Contact Name will print the same as the First Last setting.)
- Sal Last: Mr. Doe (The Salutation is set on each individual Contact record. If the Salutation field is left blank on the Contact record, no Salutation will be printed. The Contact Name will print the same as the First Last setting.)
- User Value: This will display what is entered in the User Value = field in place of a Contact Name.
- Mailing Value: Clicking into this field will bring up a Contact Mailing List containing Mailing Values. Based on Clients selected, AV will print a label for each Contact where the Mailing Value designated in this field equals a Mailing Value designated on the Contact record. For Example: Let's say you have some Contacts to whom you send a mailing every year around Thanksgiving. You would add "Thanksgiving Mailing" to the Contact Mailing List and also add it on the Memo/Other tab for each Contact who receives this mailing. Then, based on your selection of Clients/Contacts, when you set Mailing Value = Thanksgiving Mailing, AV will print a label for each of those Contacts with the same Mailing Value.
- Send to All Contacts: AV will print a label for every Contact for each Client selected.
- Show Contact Quick List: AV will popup a list to select the Contact to print for each Client selected.
3.3. Additional Actions
- If you check the box for Note of Item Call Record, AV will create a Correspondence for each Contact. This can be useful if you want to track which Clients/Contacts you've sent mailings to.
- When you click OK on the Client Labels window you will receive this prompt (above). What is entered here will be the Subject of the resulting Correspondence record and will apply to all Client/Contacts for whom are receiving this current round of mailings.
3.4. Create Tasks
- If you want to create a follow up Task based on this mailing then check the Create Task box. The Note of Item Call Record box also needs to be checked to enable this function.
- You can set the date of the Follow Up Task (relative to the date of the mailing) in the Days from Today field.
- You can select the User to assign the Follow Up Task to by using the Assigned To drop-down list.