Budget Data Exchange
The Budget Data Exchange function allows you to use a spreadsheet to import budget data into AcctVantage.
It allows you to create a tab-delimited text file template which contains your Chart of Accounts and fiscal periods. You can open and edit this file with MS Excel® (or the spreadsheet software program of your preference). When you are finished, the Budget Data Exchange area allows you to import this file into AcctVantage. Budgets can be created for the company as a whole or for individual profit centers and can be updated with a new import at any time.
2. Create a Budget Template
- Select a Fiscal Year (by default the first year will be selected).
- Select a Profit Center (by default the Company Wide Profit Center will be selected).
- Click the Create Template button. AcctVantage will export the Budget Template as a tab-delimited text file. The resulting template file [based on the above settings] would be named 2013 Company Wide Budget (see next screenshot for example).
Note: If you check the Include Budget 2 box, the Budget Template file will have two budget columns for each period - a primary and a secondary budget. This can be useful if you are budgeting for differing scenarios for the Fiscal Year.
3. Prepare the Budget Template
- Open the Budget Template in your spreadsheet application. (In this example, I've used MS Excel®.)
- Fill out the budgeted amounts for each GL Account per each Fiscal Period.
- DO NOT modify Columns A - C or Row 1 - 2. The yellow highlighted area should be the only cells where you enter any data.
- Save the file as a tab-delimited text file.