When AcctVantage performs a Posting Session, (initiated through the General Ledger Module), it looks for all transactions marked Ready To Post, and will post them (i.e. record the transaction(s) in the General Ledger). This is important because AcctVantage cannot reflect correct financial information until transactions have been posted.
The Posting Sessions area shows general information about these posting sessions, including who posted the transactions, how many transactions were posted during each session, the General Ledger accounts affected with debit (credit) value, and the time and date that the posting sessions began and ended.
- ID: An internal number assigned by AcctVantage.
- Initiated By: The User who posted the transactions.
- Start Date: The date that the Posting Session began for the transaction, in MM/DD/YY format.
- Start Time: The time of day the Posting Session began, in HH:MM:SS format.
- Stop Date: The date that the Posting Session ended for the transaction, in MM/DD/YY format.
- Stop Time: The time of day the Posting Session ended, in HH:MM:SS format.
- Total Debits and Total Credits: The monetary value of the Posting Session.
- All transactions are balanced; each credit applied is matched in another account with a corresponding debit, and vise versa. Therefore, the Total Debits and Total Credits fields will always be the same.
- Selected: The number of transactions selected for posting during the Posting Session.
- Posted: The number of transactions actually posted during the posting Posting Session.