Modify an Existing Quick Report
This Tech Note will describe how to modify a Quick Report that was previously saved in the list of Available Reports.
- Click the printer icon to open the Reports list in the screen where the report was originally created (i.e., Sales > Sales Analysis).
- Modifications cannot be done from the module level reports window (e.g. Sales > Sales Reports).
- Highlight the report you wish to modify.
- Click on the pencil icon at the top right of the list.
- If the pencil icon is not selectable, then the report is either a Custom Form or a System Report and is not available for editing in this manner.
- Select the Create File button and choose a place to save the file to.
- Click on the Report Editor button under Edit a Saved Report to open the Quick Report Editor.
- In the Quick Report Editor, choose File > Open and select the file saved above.
- Make the desired changes to the report definition and save the new report. You can use the same file name as created in step 4 or give the report a new file name.
- Refer to the Quick Report Editor article for more information on formatting your report.
- Close the Quick Report Editor.
- Click on Link Report under Edit a Saved Report and select the file saved in step 7.
- Click OK to close and save the report details.
The modified report is now linked under the original Report Name. You may discard the file saved in step 7 since the report has been copied into the database.