Add a Tax / Surcharge to an Order
1. Enable the Tax/Surcharge field to be available on the Sales Order screen.
In order to use the Tax/Surcharge fields on a Sales Order, we must begin by establishing a few settings in the Administration ➤ System Configuration window.
1.2. Establish the Tax/Surcharge options.
There are two Tax/Surcharge fields available to be used on the Sales Order screen. For each of these there are three options that need to be established.
- Tax/Surcharge Enable: True or False. Double-click to set this to True in order to be able to type into this field.
- Tax/Surcharge GL Acct: Enter GL Account Code that will be CREDITED for the Tax/Surcharge amount when the Sales Order is posted. If a GL Account is not entered, Orders with a Tax/Surcharge will fail to post.
- Tax/Surcharge Name: Enter the field label that you want to appear next to the field on the Sales Order screen.
Click OK to save when you are finished.
2. Apply a Tax/Surcharge to a Sales Order.
Once you have set up the Tax/Surcharge fields in System Configuration you can now enter those fields on the Sales Order screen.