Create a Purchase Order (basic) (AV 2015.1.1.9 and earlier)
*NEW field for AV 2015* ➤ scroll down to Step #3
Follow these steps to create a basic Purchase Order.
2. Create a new Purchase Order
2.1. Choose the type of Purchase Order to create.
- As a general rule:
- Inventory type PO's are issued for items that generate Sales.
- Supply type PO's are issued for everything else.
- AccVantage cannot mix Supply and Inventory items on the same Purchase Order. If you make a mistake in your selection, this setting can be changed on the Purchase Order, however you are still bound to include only one type of item on the PO.
3. Enter the Purchase Order data.
Enter the data for the Purchase Order and click OK to save.
*NEW fields for AV 2015*
Foreign Currency: This is carried over from the Vendor record, only if it is set up with a Default Foreign Currency. You can change this on-the-fly here on the PO if you don't want to change it more permanently on the Vendor record.
- If you don't use Foreign Currency then this will read "None."
- Exchange Rate: The Exchange Rate is pulled from the Foreign Currency record by default. You can change it here if you need to make a quick change. It will not update the Foreign Currency Definition, however.
- FC Unit Cost: This is calculated on a line item basis as the Exchange Rate x Unit Cost.
- FC Ext Cost: This is calculated on a line item basis as the UM Qty x FC Unit Cost.
Note: At the bottom right corner of this PO window you can see the FC sub totals and totals that are being carried in parallel to the standard values in USD. If you're not using Foreign Currencies, you don't need to worry about this...it will be hidden.