Modify an AP Document Date
1. Change System Settings to allow the AP Document Date to be modified.
Prior to actually changing the document date, there are a couple of settings that need to be enabled to allow a User to change the date.
- (1.1) System Configuration (enables the system to allow the change)
- (1.2) User Access Levels (enables specific Users to have the permission to change the date)
1.1. System Configuration setting
- Navigate to Administration ➤ System Configuration and find the Accounts Payable Group (hint: it's right at the very top of the list!)
- Double-click the setting for Allow AP Doc Date Change and set the Value to True.
- Click OK to save the System Configuration settings.
1.2. User Access Levels setting
- Navigate to Administration ➤ User Access Levels, open the User record [for the User(s) who you want to allow to change the document date] and click on the System Access tab.
- In the Other Settings section, double-click the setting for Allow AP Doc Date Change and set the Value to True.
- Click OK to save the User Access settings.
2. Open the View AP Aging window
Now that the settings have been changed to allow the ability to modify the AP Document Date, you can proceed to the AP Aging window.
- Navigate to Accounts Payable ➤ View AP Aging.
- Double-click to open the AP Document that you want to change the date for.
3. Change the AP Document Date
You can see the Document Date in the upper-left section; it is the same as the Invoice Date that was used when the Voucher was originally created.
3.1. Change the AP Document Date
- Type in the new Document Date.
- Click OK to save your change.
Tip: You can also change the Due Date in the same manner!
4. View the Change Log
After changing either the Document or Due Date, you can reopen the AP Document and see that a Change Log button has appeared. Click this button to see a log of all changes made to this AP Document (very handy for audit trail purposes!)
4.1. View the Change Log
This log records all of the date change activity for the AP Document.