Tools & Custom tab
This is an overview of the window.
- Show Planner at Startup: The Planner window will appear when you start AcctVantage.
- Update Planner Information when Active: The Planner will update only when it is open. (By default, when you assign a task, the Planner is updated at regular time intervals, controlled by the Remind and Update Interval. See below.)
- Planner Limit: The maximum number of records that the Planner can hold per person. The default value of 0 indicates unlimited events/tasks.
- Reminder Interval: The number of seconds you want to elapse between Planner updates. The default is 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- New Tasks or Events
- Always Remind: The Planner will open itself to remind you of pending events.
- Never Remind: Prevent the Planner from reminding you of pending events.
- Only Remind when Planner is Active: The Planner will remind you of pending events only when it is opened.
- Edit Alarm Snooze Times: Opens a window in which you can edit the available choices for delaying, or “snoozing,” a Task Alarm.
2. Auto Caps
- AutoCaps On: Automatically capitalizes the first letter of proper nouns entered into certain data entry fields, such as Client and Contact Names.
- Exceptions: Enter exceptions to the proper noun capitalization rule; for example: “de,” “du,” “von,” etc. Click in this field to select the exceptions from a pop-up list.
3. Process Settings
- Quick List Limit: The maximum number of records you want to be loaded into memory for display. (You will be able to view additional records without re-querying; this simply determines how many records will be displayed at once.)
- List View Limit: The maximum number of records that will be totaled in a list view.
- Process Memory: The system memory allocated to each process you open.
- Update Time: The time of day that the once-a-day processing occurs. This includes Credit Hold processing. You should make sure that this does not happen at the same time you might be backing up the data file.